Thursday, June 09, 2005

Everything Old Is New Again - I Wish Audio Collage

Artists have always found ways to communicate, inspire and shared art.

One of the methods was creating Postal or Mail art. Artists would work on a piece and then pass it down the line to other creatives. The work eventually would be mailed back to the originating artist to display the collaborative work.

Samantha Broun updated the idea by sending a list of questions and a mini disc to friends/acquaintances. These friends interviewed others folks and then returned the discs back to Broun. She then crafted a sound collage piece of their desires.

You can listen to a audio stream or download the finished collage in MP3 format.

One of the things I gained was that I don't have to have a weekly podcast. I can create a one-time only work that can stand on its own merits. I can spend time making a quality piece. In a strange way, it motivates me to feel comfortable to do more - http://www.transom.org/shows/2005/200505.iwish.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment