Wednesday, June 30, 2004

If I Only Had A Brain...

It make so much sense. To organize a blog like the Dewey Decimal System. I used to know the DDS by heart. If I can wiggle into the Library Assistant Classes I will have to learn both DDS and LOC.

To book junkies this is not a bad thing. I bow at Lisa Williams feet in deep respect. Not only for the DDS but stepping up to the plate on citizen journalism.

Yes, yes I am not the only one who get this! There is another. Each one teach one and somebody has got to write this stuff down. My brain expands. The actual name of the blog is "Learning the Lessons of Nixon"

http://www.cadence90.com/wp

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    I just installed some logs -- a little program where I can see who's pointing to my blog.

    And what appears! Well. Thanks for the compliment.

    I think I chose Dewey kind of on a lark -- I spent all my spare time as a kid in my local library, a big, castle-like building (actual gargoyles) that had a long main room that had five U-shaped shelving areas on each long side of the rectangle. Each one held one top-level domain of Dewey -- 000, 100, 200, etc. I started to realize as a kid that by going counterclockwise around the room I could do a sort of tour of all of human knowledge (or at least that part we had books on). It made a big impression on me.

    I also thought DDC, the product of lots of people's work over decades, would be better than anything I could come up with off the top of my head.

    I have a friend who is considering doing Library of Congress at blog.perspicuity.com. He's a cartoonist and he's really funny, I recommend it highly.

    ReplyDelete